Creating an optimized landing page is one of the most effective ways to generate leads for your business. But, it’s more than just placing a “Sign Up Now” button on your page to see leads. Instead, you’ll have to be much more strategic about your approach.
First, let’s figure out how it all works. A unique visitor will click on a call-to-action (CTA) that drives them to a landing page. That page will have a form that’s used to collect the visitor’s information. If your visitor fills out the form, they turn into a lead. Your goal is to have them sign up for whatever you’re offering – so it’s important to optimize your landing page. (If you don’t know how to build a landing page, here’s a guide for you.)
Here are some simple ways that you can optimize your site so you can turn the casual visitor into leads.
1. Be Clear About the Conversion PathThe moment a visitor lands on your website, the conversion path is the steps they take to hopefully end with them filling out a form and becoming a lead. Make sure to take into account the following pieces to optimize the process:
- Clear CTAs: It should be clear to your visitor what they get for clicking on the CTA.
- Landing Pages: A well laid-out page can generate more leads. One study showed that if you have 30+ landing pages, you can generate 7X more leads than a company with only 1 to 5 landing pages.
- Thank You Pages: When your visitor fills out a form, the last step is a thank you page. Don’t overlook this step. Be sure to include some type of offer.
2. Add Fill Forms to the Pages That Get the Most TrafficYou probably have a few pages set up already. Whether from your emails, or social media, or blog posts, these landing pages may be generating some leads, but you’re looking to optimize so you can increase your leads. Go through and identify where your leads are coming from and create forms that visitors can fill out to transform into your next best fan. Remember when you create the form fields to make sure they’re the right fields and not to overwhelm a casual visitor to your site. It may be a turn off for a visitor to fill out too much personal information and they might abandon your site during the process. Keep it simple and straightforward – sticking to the basics like name, company, email, and phone. Another word of advice is to test your lead generators to better understand what is the most effective. See what’s working for you and what is not.
3. Grab Your Visitor’s Attention With Headlines That Stand OutUse strong verbs to create powerful headlines. Test out your headlines on your landing pages, blog posts, and more to increase your conversion. An easy way of creating a headline is by focusing on your value propositions. To do this, figure out why your audience is visiting your website. Look at how customers speak about you and focus on fine-tuning your value proposition to something strong by using verbs and cutting out the unnecessary adverbs.
4. First Impressions Matter
What does that mean? Make sure to create a landing page and website that is clean and easy to use. That may mean making your content scannable by:
- Using bullets
- Selling your offer in the first few words
- Taking a moment to bold keywords
- Using interactive elements like videos and demos
5. Make Your Offer IrresistibleCreating an offer that’s hard to say ‘no’ to isn’t rocket science. Here are 7 simple steps you can follow to create an offer that clinches the deal:
- Produce an offer that has a clear outcome so your audience can decide whether or not the investment is worth their time.
- Create an offer that speaks to your audience’s needs and alleviates their pain points.
- Use social proof based on results and testimonials to help persuade visitors.
- Make the value of your offer more valuable than the actual cost.
- Think about your active seeker who is searching for your product or service and create an offer that speaks to them.
- Include a guarantee – promise results and deliver on it.
- Speak to the general human need to belong and make your offer about something your customer is going to become a part of – like be a part of the marketing revolution.
When all is said and done, it’s important to keep testing so you know that the formula is working. Also, nurture your leads to turn them into your lifelong fans. Keep delivering content they find valuable and send relevant emails that include great content that is tailored to them. Using these tips today, you can make sure every opportunity a casual visitor comes to your site is a chance to turn them into a customer.
Are you driving traffic to a website that doesn’t convert?We start with a deep dive into your website and marketing tactics including data, messaging, ideal clients and more. We’ll give you the framework to tune up and tune into your website to optimize conversion, drive engagement and make your audience go wild.
GROW YOUR BUSINESS
Increase Revenue, Accelerate Growth & Rock Your Business
“I don’t know what to do next, I’m just not where I need to be.” Sound familiar?
If you’re tired of trying to figure out what’s going to move your business forward, and you don’t have time for a fluffy course and motivational speeches, we can help.
Your company's brand defines who it is while resonating with your ideal clients. It's the brand that builds trust in your business. The brand should be recognizable, memorable, and ideally timeless. But at some point you may feel it's time for a brand update when your...
Search engine optimization (SEO) is a digital marketing methodology which enables businesses to increase organic search results ultimately driving traffic and leads. It has dramatically grown in importance over the years as businesses try to get their products and...
A landing page is built to encourage visitors to take a specific action. Whether it’s opting in to a lead magnet, resource, or newsletter, purchasing a product or service, or filling out a form, every good landing page requires two things: a great offer and a great...
You built out a beautiful website with amazing landing pages and the highest definition images – but you’re not getting visitors to do what you want them to do. You’re left wondering why all your hard work is going to waste. If you’re having trouble converting...
With today’s rapidly changing digital trends, your website can feel outdated and old real quick. And, it’s difficult to keep up with the trends if you don’t have the time and money to invest in such a large ongoing project. To help you deal with this challenge, we put...
Did you know that 70 to 96% of the people who abandon your site will never return? That’s why one of your number one goals with your website is to convert people into customers on their first visit. The longer your visitors stay on your website, the more engaged...
Writing headlines is hard. A great headline can get you clicks, which can lead to higher conversions. But, you’ll come across more bad headlines than good – especially on social media. You have seconds to make an impression before people leave your website. So, we...
Having a bad website can cause you to lose customers, ultimately losing you money. But, you’d be surprised how often this happens. Oftentimes, businesses will design their websites without knowing what goes into a great site. From our experience, these are the 10 most...