You built out a beautiful website with amazing landing pages and the highest definition images – but you’re not getting visitors to do what you want them to do. You’re left wondering why all your hard work is going to waste.
If you’re having trouble converting visitors into life-long customers, you can do some research and tests to see what’s stopping people from converting.
These 5 reasons are a good place to start looking.
1. You Don’t Know Your Audience, So You’re Targeting the Wrong PeopleEven though it’s nice if you have tons of visitors going to your website, it’s useless if they aren’t connecting and engaging with you. You’ll need to define your audience so you can speak to their needs and engage in conversation with them. Another problem you may be having is a traffic mismatch. No matter how great your website is, you won’t be able to convince the wrong people to buy your product or service. For example, if you ship only to the US and most of your visitors are from the UK. Mismatches can come from the wrong sources, or the wrong pages, or just not having any visitors. Find out who your target audience is, where they hang out online, and what their needs are.
2. You’re Too Focused on Design and Not Your Goals
A pretty website can only get you so far if you don’t truly understand your customers. Once you define your customer’s goals, you can create a website that speaks to their needs and converts.
Another thing that could be killing your conversion rate is a bad mobile experience. You may have spent a small fortune creating your website, but it’s not responsive so your visitors are having a terrible user experience on their phones.
Rockstarr Tip: Don’t overload your pages – it will slow down your page load speed and also be distracting to your users.
3. You’re Guessing at How to Improve Conversions Rather Than Looking at Your DataIf you aren’t measuring your website analytics, how do you know what’s wrong? Look at your business goals, and then decide upon the key metrics that help you reach those goals. Regularly spend some time with your analytics to see if your numbers are improving. Testing will be important for refining your content. Test your CTAs to see which ones are working. Any content can be improved – a small increase in your conversion rate could equal huge profits for your business.
4. Your Copy is ConfusingYou have 0-8 seconds to make an impact – after 8 seconds, most people will leave your site. From bad calls to action to headlines that don’t deliver what you’re promising, if your copy is unclear and confusing, your visitors will likely abandon your site. By not guiding users through the customer journey with attention-grabbing headlines and clear CTAs, they may not do what you want them to. Don’t get caught up in technical jargon and specs. Instead, focus on keeping it simple and showcasing the benefits of your products or services. Making your unique value propositions clear can help you convert visitors into customers.
5. You Haven’t Built a Relationship With Your Users so They Don’t Trust YouIf you want people to buy your product or service, you need to show them that they can trust you. That is why you’ll have to nurture your visitors. How will you do this? By creating a customer journey of how you want the experience to look like. Help move them along the journey with campaigns like email marketing and social media. But, remember that your visitors have already heard every sales pitch under the sun, and more than likely have visited your competitors. Before they do business with you, they need to make sure that you have their best interests in mind – that you’ll provide value to them. To develop this relationship, you will have to nurture them with valuable, personalized content that speaks to them. Not quite sure how to build an offer that converts? Try out this resource.
Need Help Clearing Up Conversion Blockers?
Are you looking to boost conversion? We can help. The Rockstarr Sound Check will arm you with the framework to tune-up your site to optimize conversion, drive engagement, and make your audience go wild.
Are you driving traffic to a website that doesn’t convert?We start with a deep dive into your website and marketing tactics including data, messaging, ideal clients and more. We’ll give you the framework to tune up and tune into your website to optimize conversion, drive engagement and make your audience go wild.
You Wanted the Best?
You Got the Best.
We deliver Rockstarr Marketing for businesses who want to maximize their impact.
🎸 We are marketing rockstarrs with over 20 years of experience transforming companies.
🎸We have helped businesses achieve +500% conversions, +200% in sales, and more.
🎸 We work with your team hand in hand to set an encore-worthy marketing strategy.
Your company's brand defines who it is while resonating with your ideal clients. It's the brand that builds trust in your business. The brand should be recognizable, memorable, and ideally timeless. But at some point you may feel it's time for a brand update when your...
Search engine optimization (SEO) is a digital marketing methodology which enables businesses to increase organic search results ultimately driving traffic and leads. It has dramatically grown in importance over the years as businesses try to get their products and...
A landing page is built to encourage visitors to take a specific action. Whether it’s opting in to a lead magnet, resource, or newsletter, purchasing a product or service, or filling out a form, every good landing page requires two things: a great offer and a great...
With today’s rapidly changing digital trends, your website can feel outdated and old real quick. And, it’s difficult to keep up with the trends if you don’t have the time and money to invest in such a large ongoing project. To help you deal with this challenge, we put...
Did you know that 70 to 96% of the people who abandon your site will never return? That’s why one of your number one goals with your website is to convert people into customers on their first visit. The longer your visitors stay on your website, the more engaged...
Writing headlines is hard. A great headline can get you clicks, which can lead to higher conversions. But, you’ll come across more bad headlines than good – especially on social media. You have seconds to make an impression before people leave your website. So, we...
Having a bad website can cause you to lose customers, ultimately losing you money. But, you’d be surprised how often this happens. Oftentimes, businesses will design their websites without knowing what goes into a great site. From our experience, these are the 10 most...
Creating an optimized landing page is one of the most effective ways to generate leads for your business. But, it’s more than just placing a “Sign Up Now” button on your page to see leads. Instead, you’ll have to be much more strategic about your approach. First,...