Key Performance Indicators
Measuring the right social media metrics is a science and tools like Twitter Analytics or Facebook Insights will help you dive into your data. Free tools like these or paid solutions can help you consistently track your performance. But in a sea of metrics, which ones are most important?
We broke it down to 5 must-have categories:
1. Awareness: Number of Followers, Reach, and ImpressionsIf your goals are brand awareness or how people perceive your brand, these are important metrics to follow. The number of followers you have is a vanity metric. Although it’s important, you may also have a large number of followers with no engagement or reach. Take a deeper dive into your impressions and reach to see if your content is successful. Impressions are how many times your post shows up in someone’s timeline. While reach is the number of unique viewers your post could have. To really understand how well your content is performing, you will want to take into account engagement. For example, your post could have high impressions, but a low engagement number – meaning your post wasn’t interesting enough for your audience to take action.
2. Engagement: Clicks, Likes, Shares, and CommentsEngagement will monitor how connected your audience is with your content and the effectiveness of it. An engaged audience will interact with your business through clicks, likes, shares, or comments. The higher the engagement rate, the more responsive your audience is to your content types. Engagement can be broken down into:
- Likes, shares, comments, and etc.: These are individual engagement metrics.
- Post engagement metric: The number of engagements divided by impression or reach. A high rate means people who see the post find it interesting enough to like, share, or comment.
- Account mentions: These can indicate good brand awareness, especially if they are mentions that aren’t part of a reply.
3. Share of Voice: Volume and SentimentShare of voice will show how many people are talking about your business compared to your competitors. This is often an ongoing goal, because you’ll always want to be on top of how well your business is doing against your competitors.
4. ROI: Referrals and ConversionsIf you are a business that offers a product or service to consumers, this is an important metric to follow. Referrals are how someone lands on your website. Often in your tools, they will be broken down by sources. Conversions are when someone actually purchases something from your website. When looking at your referrals and conversions, you will also take into consideration your click-through rate (CTR) in your ads and posts. The higher the CTR, the more effective your ad or post is. You can monitor your CTR in your emails, paid advertisements, landing page links, social media, website buttons, and any other call-to-action buttons. Hand in hand with CTRs is the bounce rate. That is the percentage of visitors who click on a link in your posts, or ads, or emails, only to quickly leave the page without taking action. Take a look at these metrics to better understand how well your content is performing.
5. Customer Care: Response Rate and TimeLast but not least is the customer’s experience with your business. Response rate and time monitors how quickly your team responds to messages and how many they respond to. You’ll want to make sure that your customers are being replied to in a timely manner. It’ll help with your overall customer satisfaction and conversions.
This is just an overview of the essential metrics that matter for most businesses. A combination of these will provide you with the visibility you need of your social media performance and most importantly, of the impact to your bottom-line. Because at the heart of great marketing is the data to back it up.
Intro to Social Media Ebook
Social Media Starter Guide for Businesses Ebook
In this book, you will learn an overarching social media strategy, best practices of the platforms and we will even walk you through setting up a Facebook Business Page, Instagram Professional Account, LinkedIn Business Page and Twitter Account.
Social Media Conversation Starters Ebook
Get a years worth of engaging social posts included!
GROW YOUR BUSINESS
Increase Revenue, Accelerate Growth & Rock Your Business
“I don’t know what to do next, I’m just not where I need to be.” Sound familiar?
If you’re tired of trying to figure out what’s going to move your business forward, and you don’t have time for a fluffy course and motivational speeches then we can help.
Your company's brand defines who it is while resonating with your ideal clients. It's the brand that builds trust in your business. The brand should be recognizable, memorable, and ideally timeless. But at some point you may feel it's time for a brand update when your...
Today, as more businesses are joining social media, the real question many are asking is how do I gain more followers organically? Not just any followers – real followers who aren’t bots, who love your brand and are looking to engage. There are a number of ways you...
The key to success when it comes to social media is having a strategy. Without a strategy and understanding your goals and your audience, it’ll be difficult to get the results you want. Whether you’re a seasoned social media pro or you’re starting from square one,...
You spend hours on copy and design to get a social post ready to be engaged and connected with. You check your engagement hours later only to find one of the most frustrating parts of social media – there’s no engagement. It’s a hard pill to swallow because not only...
There’s a lot more to social media marketing than posting on Facebook or Twitter and forgetting about it once you post. Unfortunately, social media marketing is often treated as a single discipline, but it’s actually composed of four equally important parts. If...
Social media has completely revolutionized how people interact with brands. People have come to expect “always-on” experiences in real-time that are personalized for every moment. In fact, 76% of consumers expect the brands they love to understand their wants and...
From marketing managers, to a business owner looking to leverage social media, it’s important to understand the channels available. In doing so, you can help maximize your reach, engage with the right people, and grow your business by achieving your goals. To keep...
The 7 Steps You Need to Take (Today) to Create a Rockstarr LinkedIn Profile 1. Get a Custom URL LinkedIn automatically assigns you a URL. If you want to put this in your resume or add it to your email signature, the default URL with the extra numbers at the end...